TechSmith Camtasia 2018
The best complete solution for screen recording and video editing
With Camtasia, you can easily create screen captures and impressively edited videos.
Impressive video editing in 3 easy steps
Record the screen
Record the entire screen or just one window. You can also add your own videos, pictures, audio files or PowerPoint presentations.
Edit your video
The simple timeline makes it easy to edit your video. You can connect, split, trim, speed up or slow down clips and then play your video directly in the Editor Preview.
Add the finishing touch to your video with professional editor effects. Add markers, animations, titles, transitions, and more. Simply drag the effect onto the Timeline.
- New Library - Store frequently used elements, effects, and media clips.
- Schemas - Create schemas with consistent color and font styles and apply them to elements and effects.
- Even more customizable elements and video clips.
- Import, edit and produce 60-FPS videos.
- Editor performance improvements (video preview and timeline editing).
- Improvements of the production engine (shortened export times).
- New behavioral effects (explosion and flying in).
- Fixed: Crash error that occurred when SCORM was selected in the production settings.
- Fixed: Clip speed didn't work with German decimal point values.
- Fixed: Color rendering error when saving an annotation in the library.
- Fixed: Problem when analyzing file names for batch production.
- Further bug fixes and improvements
Trainings and Tutorials
Peak up your training and tutorial videos to keep learners alert.
Record mouse movements
You can zoom in on the cursor, animate clicks, and highlight mouse movements to make them easier to follow.
Keystrokes can be recorded on the screen so that users can better understand them.
Add notes and annotation
s You can add notes, subtitles, shapes, markers, and more by dragging and dropping. With Camtasia, it's easy to explain what matters to your users.
Marketing and Demo Videos
Create videos that really impress your customers. Camtasia is the perfect editor for videos you share on YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive and other platforms.
The video editor with drag-and-drop technology
You can immediately see what you're doing. Drag and drop any effect or element in your video directly into the Preview Window for editing. Then you can produce the video in broadcast quality with 4K resolution.
Add animated intros, outros and titles to your video to attract the viewer's attention.
Add music to your video to create the right mood for it. Use the royalty-free titles in the editor's library or import your own titles.
Create stunning videos from your PowerPoint presentations and webinar recordings.
Import PowerPoint by drag-and-drop
Simply drag your PowerPoint presentation into the Camtasia window and select the slides you want to import.
Add video and narration to your slides to communicate your message more effectively.
Capture video with your webcam to bring your project to life with a live presentation.
Create exciting and easy to understand video courses.
Achieve more learning success with video
Create videos for reversed teaching, hybrid learning, and online education.
questions Integrate quiz questions directly into your video and capture answers to check learner performance.
Analyze who interacts with your videos to improve learning outcomes.
Powerful editing capabilities for all your videos
Camtasia is the best complete solution for screen recording and video editing. Each function is designed for beginners and professionals at the same time. Get features you can't get with free video editing software.
Record your screen pixel by pixel.
Show who's talking. This gives your video a personal touch.
Import image and audio clips and video up to 4K resolution.
Combine images, text, audio and video quickly and easily on multiple tracks.
Arrows, callouts and shapes help to highlight important things.
Effects Insert a transition effect at the beginning or end of a media clip.
Zoom & pan or your own motion effects arouse interest among the viewers.
The ideal complement to visual content.
Audio effects enhance recordings, music or your own voice.
Adjust colors, add shadows, change clip speed, and more.
Quiz questions show the learning success and you can see who has watched your videos.
Show yourself against any background.
Camtasia minimum requirements for Windows:
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 (64-bit versions required). (Recommended: Windows 10)
- 2.0 GHz CPU with dual-core or better processor (Recommended: Intel® Core™ 6th generation i5 processor with at least 2.8 GHz and 4 processor cores or equivalent or better AMD processor)
- The application also works with integrated graphics cards, but editing 4K and/or 60 fps media works best with a separate graphics card.
- Minimum 4 GB RAM (Recommended: 16 GB or more)
- 2 GB hard disk space for the installation of the program
- Screen resolution at least 1024x768
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.0 or higher (included)
- Dedicated Windows compatible sound card, microphone, and speakers (Recommended)
- On Windows N, the Windows Media Feature Pack for Windows N must be installed.
- To import PowerPoint files and the Camtasia Add-in for PowerPoint, PowerPoint 2013 or 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit version) must be installed.
- Playback with the Smart Player is supported with the following browsers and operating systems: Internet Explorer (from version 11), Microsoft Edge (from Windows 10 Anniversary Update), latest versions of
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, iOS (from version 11, Safari), Android (from version 5; latest version of Chrome required).
- A USB webcam is required for camera video recording.
- Integration with TechSmith Relay requires the TechSmith Relay Client Recorder.
- For GPU acceleration, a DirectX-compatible video card with at least 128 MB video memory and Pixel Shader version 4.0 or higher is required.
Camtasia for Mac system requirements:
- Mac computer with Intel® Core™ i5 processor with 4 processor cores (Recommended: Intel® Core™ i5 processor with at least 2.8 GHz and 4 processor cores)
- MacOS 10.11 or later (rendering is not supported on external USB monitors)
- 4 GB RAM (Recommended: 8 GB RAM or more)
- At least 4 GB of hard disk space
- To import PowerPoint files, PowerPoint 2016 for Mac must be installed.
- Playback with the Smart Player is supported with the following browsers and operating systems: Internet Explorer (from version 11), Microsoft Edge (from Windows 10 Anniversary Update), latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, iOS (from version 11), Android (from version 5; latest version of Chrome required).