Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard basic license
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Item number: SW20008.1
- Manufacturer No: P73-07115
- Runtime: Lifetime
- Laguage(s): All languages
- Countryzone(s): Worldwide
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard 16 Core is Microsoft's brand new cloud-capable server operating system. Networking PCs and managing such networks as well as providing data and web hosting are just some of the tasks for which server systems can be used in your company. Windows Server 2016 comes with many new functions and offers a new licensing model, which is no longer based on the processors, but on the cores.
Minimum license requirement: 8 core licenses per processor, 16 core licenses per server. Further details can be found on the licensing data sheet.
New features in Windows Server 2016:
- Increased speed and flexibility through the use of cloud technologies
- "Zero trust security approach to protect the system from current threats
- Failover clustering to increase resilience in the event of temporary storage or network outages
- New server roles and privileges for secure server system management
- Minimal execution in Nano Server without graphical user interface for better performance and reduced maintenance requirements
- Windows container for fast application development with maximum flexibility
Stable infrastructure with Windows Server 2016
Based on Windows 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Server OS gives you more stability, security, and innovation for your infrastructure and helps you move to a cloud environment. The various integrated protection levels ensure the protection of your system and all data in it. In addition, you can easily set up complex networks and develop your own data center. However, the Standard Edition does not provide shielded virtual machines, software defined networking (SDN) capabilities, and storage spaces direct and storage replica. These features are only available with the Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition.
New license model for Windows Server 2016 for the first time
In the previous versions, both the standard and data center licenses were valid for two physical CPUs each. The new licensing model involved a switch from a Pro-CPU to a Pro-Core licensing. It is assumed that a server has at least 8 cores per processor and a total of at least two processors, i.e. a total of 16 cores. Per server 16 cores are the minimum, per CPU at least 8 cores must be licensed. Thus the license costs for servers with up to 4 processors and up to 8 cores remain identical. Better equipped servers need to be upgraded with additional licenses. The additional licenses are available in steps of 2, 4 and 16 cores each.
Scope of delivery:
- Original product key for online activation of Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard 16 Core.
- Verified Highspeed Downloadlink to get the software fast & secure.
- Invoice in your name incl. VAT.
- Instructions for easy installation.
Note: This offer does not include a product key sticker (COA label). This offer is aimed at private individuals as well as companies, business customers, public authorities, organisations, schools, communities and churches.