Product information "TurboCAD Mac Pro V12, English"
TurboCAD Mac Pro V12
Professional 2D/3D Drafting, Modelling & Rendering
TurboCAD Mac Pro delivers unparalleled value and productivity in a professional 2D/3D CAD package with fully integrated 2D drafting tools, 3D surface and ACIS® solid modeling tools, assembly tools, advanced architectural tools, powerful LightWorks photorealistic rendering, new 3D printing features, and extensive file support.
Exceptional Value in 2D/3D CAD
TurboCAD® Mac Pro delivers unparalleled value and productivity in a professional 2D/3D CAD package. Fully integrated 2D drafting tools, 3D surface and ACIS® solid modeling tools, assembly tools, advanced architectural tools, and powerful LightWorks photorealistic rendering are accompanied by thousands of symbols, materials, decals, and more.
Professional Control and Flexibility
Customisable toolbars, set-up wizard, and context sensitive help enhance usability, while the ability to quickly organise layers and layer sets optimise drawing management. Plus complete printing and publishing tools as well as extensive file support including AutoCAD .DWG meet the needs of professional architects, engineers, illustrators, designers, and more.
Industry Specific Tools
Get superior control and flexibility with tools specific to your line of work. TurboCAD Mac Pro includes these suites of professional design tools:
- Advanced 2D/3D Architectural Design - self-healing, auto-dimension walls, parametric doors and windows, roof and slab tools, symbols, materials, decals, and pre-drawn floorplans.
- Advanced Mechanical Design - Quickly model complex 3D objects with advanced mesh, surface, and ACIS solid modeling design and modification tools.
- Woodworking Design - Create joints with just a few clicks including Rabbet Joints, Dado Joints, Miter Joints, Dovetail Joints, and Tongue and Groove Joints.
Powerful Lighting & Rendering Options
When it’s time to present your ideas, TurboCAD Mac Pro delivers stunning photorealistic renderings. Apply materials and decals. Set lighting, shadowing, reflectance, roughness and environmental effects. Then render with the powerful LightWorks Photorealistic Rendering Engine. Sketch rendering options are also available for a hand-drawn look, appropriate in the early stages of conceptual design.
Flexible File Sharing and Publishing Options
Easily import existing designs from popular CAD and graphic design file formats, including AutoCAD® .DWG. Just as easily, save designs from TurboCAD to other CAD formats, or choose a popular desktop publishing formats such as EPS TIFF, CGM and more, to create brochures or other marketing materials. Even print design to your specifications with options for better control of how the printed document will look.
3D Printing Tools
TurboCAD Mac Pro includes a suite of tools to check and prepare a part for 3D Printing. These include 3D Print Check, Surface Normals Check, Overhang Analysis, Wall Thickness, Preview Slices, Auto Position, Support Structure, Show Printer Volume, and Printer Definitions.
VRML Texture Support
VRML (Virtual Reality Modelling Language) is a file format used to describe 3D interactive graphics for the world wide web. TurboCAD supports VRML Export.
OBJ Texture Support
The OBJ File format was updated to supporting reading and displaying textures.
The Ultimate in Design Productivity
TurboCAD® Mac Pro makes it easy to design in 2D or 3D with a setup wizard, customisable toolbars and the most usability features including:
- 64-Bit Compatible so you can load, process, and render models of nearly any size.
- Context Sensitive Help System to get help with any tool instantly.
- Gripper Tool to dynamically move, rotate, & scale objects in 2D or 3D. Expanded functions now include duplicate, translate, and face copy for added versatility.
- Viewport Layouts display multiple views of your drawing at once.
- 3D Connexion Space Mouse as well as traditional mouse support.
- Drawing Wizard to set up your drawing, define unit format, paper size, print, drawing scale annotation settings, text and dimension.
- Custom Toolbar Creation for quick access to your favourite tools.
- Layers and Layer Sets to organise and more easily edit your design.
- Over 38,000 2D/3D symbols and parts for AEC, Mechanical, Electrical, Process Plant and Piping.
- 1.5 Hours of Video Tutorials along with step by step guides and sample models.
Complete Set of 2D Drafting Tools
TurboCAD Mac Pro provides unlimited 2D design options. Choose from a number 2D drafting tools including line, arc, curve, circle, ellipse, and spline tools. Access text, dimensioning tools, modifier and transformation tools for easy editing. Here is a sampling of 2D tools.
- Polygon Tools – Slot polygon, N-Sided polygon, and polygon from curves tool.
- Conic Tools, a.k.a. conic section tools, allow users to easily obtain a curve generated by the intersection of a cone with a plane.
- Connect Curve Tool - Join Option - The Join Curve option replaces the two curves you select with a new spline curve. This tool will also join two polylines
- Sketch Spline Tool – samples points as the cursor moves and creates a smooth spline through the sampled data. Once selected this tool has two options, the Sketch Spline tool and Sketch on a Surface tool.
- Fair Spline Tool - The Fair Spline command provides a tool to globally smooth a curve. Fairing a spline optimally moves control vertices to locations that minimise large curvature variations.
Advanced 2D/3D Architectural Design Tools
TurboCAD® Mac Pro includes advanced tools for professional architectural design as well as thousands of symbols, materials, decals, and pre-drawn floorplans. Self-healing walls auto-dimension as they are drawn, auto trim wall vertices, and allow for assignment of hatch patterns and colour. Roof and slab tools work to quickly attach to existing walls, and when parametric doors and windows are added, the built-in intelligence automatically creates the needed openings.
Mesh Modeling Tools
Quickly create quad mesh primitives, extrusions, coverts, lathes, and meshes by points. Use subdivision modeling tools to smooth a quad mesh with a few clicks. Use in conjunction with the gripper tool for direct manipulation allowing you to easily create more organic shapes.
Surface Modeling Tools
Quickly model complex 3D objects with advanced design and modification tools. Primitives, complex and advanced surface tools, as well as surface modifiers and transformation tools are included.
ACIS® Solid Modeling Tools
The powerful ACIS 3D solid modeling engine and file filters fully supports 64 bit DLLs to create realistic, complex 3D objects as well as data crucial for engineers.
TurboCAD Mac Pro makes it easier to visualise your next woodworking project with a suite of woodworking joint tools. Create these joints with just a few clicks:
- Rabbet Joints
- Dado Joints
- Miter Joints
- Dovetail Joints
- Tongue and Groove Joints
A suite of assembly tools speed 3D design while snaps and alignment aids ensure accuracy.
- Assembly Connect - connects one solid to another at a specified connection point.
- Assembly Mate - Mate planar faces. You can specify an offset distance between mated faces.
- Assembly Align - Align a face of two solid objects and supports cylindrical, spherical and planar faces.
- Assembly Insert - Align and mate the faces of two solid objects. The align faces must be cylindrical and the mate faces must be planar. This tool is very useful for inserting bolts into holes.
TurboCAD Mac Pro offers a fully editable, hierarchal part tree for Solids and Surfaces. The Part Tree can be viewed as a selective UNDO/REDO tool: adjust the parameters of a bend, for example, without having to UNDO the design steps that have been made to the model since the parameter of that object were originally set. Each subsequent step will be applied correctly on the newly updated geometry.
Powerful Photorealistic and Sketch Rendering
Add materials, lighting including special effects lighting, and environmental effects to create stunning photorealistic renderings. High Dynamic-Range Images (HDRI) are supported as well as export of poster size images. You can even select a sketch render styles like cartoon, colour wash, pencil, mosaic and more for an artistic effect.
The Print by Layer Tool is extremely useful when you have multiple sets of data within one file that needs printing. For less complex jobs, use the Print Window option to simply drag the mouse over the area of your design you wish to print. Use page layouts to publish your design from up to 4 different view angles on a single page, controlling text size and more.
3D Printing Tools
TurboCAD Mac Pro includes a suite of tools to check and prepare a part for 3D Printing. These include a 3D Print Check, Surface Normals Check, Overhang Analysis, Wall Thickness, Preview Slices, Auto Position, Support Structure, Show Printer Volume, and Printer Definitions.
Record, Publish, & PDF
Record your screen with QuickTime Recording including audio capture for creating videos and tutorials. Save designs as single or multi-page PDFs for sending via email, or export to one of the many desktop publishing formats for placement in brochures and more.
Superior File Compatibility
A large number of industry standard formats make collaboration easy including the latest AutoCAD DWG, 3DS, Adobe® EPS, Illustrator® and Photoshop®, DXF, IGES, PICT, PNG, ACIS SAT, STL, STEP, TIFF, Trimble SketchUp and more.
NEW! Split Mesh:
This tool allows you to divide a mesh into two portions based on a cutting plane. Split Mesh is an ideal tool for those working with faceted data along with 3D printing manufacturing processes.
NEW! Mesh Booleans:
This advancement provides a means to add or remove material from a mesh body. Previous versions only allowed Boolean operations on ACIS®- based solids. Now with the introduction of mesh Booleans, you can add/remove material imported from STL, OBJ, 3DS, and SketchUp.
The Wrap tool will help you place text, company logos, or complex 2D patterns onto 3D surfaces. The results are perfect for imprinting, embossing, or engraving.
NEW! PhotoRender SpotLight:
This new visualization tool creates a soft shadow directly under a group of objects. This is an alternate to the default PhotoRendering method that uses a distant light offset.
NEW! LightWorks® PhotoRender Support of Imported Textures:
Texture materials imported using the OBJ, 3MF, 3DS, and SketchUp data translators are recognized using the photo rendering features, including screen renders as well as high-resolution output files.
NEW! Weight and Volume Tables:
Whether you’re designing an aircraft, automobile, or picnic table, weight is key control parameter in a design. Tracking the weight of materials is a key control parameter in design. V12 introduces a new Bill of Material (BOM) attribute specific for creating a summed weight table.
Drafting and Annotation
NEW! Best Fit Line and Best Fit Circle:
Great for tracing precise curves over rough sketches. This tool will “best fit” a line or circle from a sample collection of points.
NEW! Angular Tolerance Updates:
The Angular Tolerance interface has been updated to dynamically provide input from the Inspector dialog box.
AutoLayer is a tool that will automatically assign an entity to a layer based on the same shape or by entity name. Use AutoLayer to help organize files imported from other applications that do not support layering.
NEW! Repeat Previous Command:
This “right click” feature will save you lots of time by maintaining a list of last-used drawing commands. Select an item in the list to quickly change the current tool.
NEW! Now you can work with file types from these other programs:
• DWG/DXF 2020 Import/Export• PDF Import
• Adobe Illustrator Import
• SketchUp 2020 Import/Export
• Collada (DAE) Import/Export
|Platform||Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS 10.12 Sierra, Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra, Mac OS 10.14 Mojave, Mac OS 10.15 Catalina|
- Intel® Mac®
- 8 GB of hard disk space
- 4 GB RAM or greater
- Mouse Pointing Device (wheel button recommended).
Mac OSX 64 bit